Tuesday, March 3, 2009

First Plants

Today, I got my first live plants to put in the tank. I wanted to put some plants in first to help cycle the tank more quickly. I found a local guy on craigslist selling some freshwater plants. They aren't anything special but I think will provide a nice back drop for the tank. I still need to get a black background for the tank but don't want to pay too much for a black piece of paper. One of the plants can just be free floating, so I left some of it floating for now just to help the water quality. The other plant type is kind of like a java fern and need to be rooted so I buried the roots in the sand. I only have an incandesent light that came with the tank so I hope that will be sufficent for now. I plan on upgraded to a "daylight" flouresent light eventually. Below is a picture of what my tank currently looks like. I plan to get some shorter foreground plans soon and hopefulyl some fish!

No comments:

Post a Comment